DreamFunded is a Title III Funding Portal that recently “pivoted” from offering startup investment to instead offering investments in real estate projects. As of this writing, there are not yet any open real estate investments. With no track record on real estate, minimal information on investment structure or fees, and no open investments, for now there are better places to look for crowdfunded real estate investments.
- Website: https://dreamfunded.com
- Investment Types: Real Estate
- Sectors: Mobile, Social Media, and Wellness
- Minimum Investment: $500
- Open to all investors
- Low minimum investment ($500)
- Open to non-accredited investors
- No open real estate investments
- All prior investments (which oddly are listed as "funded by accredited investors" are in one location (Sacramento, CA)
- No information on site regarding fees or other details of upcoming real estate investments
DreamFunded is a Reg CF investment crowdfunding platform that began by offering investments in startups, and is in the process of a change in model toward instead offering real estate investments. (You can see vestiges of their startup past on the page for their former managed fund)
Regulatory framework and due diligence expectations
DreamFunded is an SEC registered Title III Funding Portal, which means they are subject to a range of rules and obligations around investor education and due diligence. All offerings on DreamFunded will have been through background checks of key officers and owners, and there are clear links provided to the relevant SEC filings made by the offering company. Prospective investors also have access to online forums to talk with other investors, and an online channel for asking questions of the sponsor raising funds (and viewing answers of prior questions from others).
You may be able to invest in DreamFunded using a Self-Directed IRA or 401K. To learn more about using a Self-Directed retirement account for alternative investments, visit our friends at Rocket Dollar.