I recently sat down (virtually) with Matt Rodak, the founder and CEO at the alternative investment platform Fund That Flip.
Fund That Flip is a venture-backed real estate investment marketplace specializing in short-term loans for residential real estate rehabbers. Prior to founding Fund That Flip, Matt led sales and marketing for a $950M commercial property risk management firm. Matt earned a finance degree from John Carroll University and is a Chartered Property Underwriter.
We covered a lot of ground during the discussion, including:
- What inspired Matt to start FundThatFlip
- What investments in FundThatFlip look like, including what kind of securities investors actually get when they invest
- What investors new to real estate should know before making their first investment
- The impact of COVID-19 on the residential fix-and-flip business
- How to manage risk in real estate investments
It was a great conversation, and I especially appreciated that Matt took time to chat very soon after a recent move.
Want to learn more but aren’t sure where to start? You can explore 123 crowdfunding investment platforms in our database and learn more about the nuts and bolts of crowdfunding and alternative investing on our blog. Did you know you can use a self-directed retirement account to invest in many alternative investments? Rocket Dollar makes it easy, and when you sign up using that link you'll be helping to support YieldTalk.