Reg CF crowdfunding investment offerings are true “crowdfunding”, in the sense that anyone can invest in them, and all of the advertising and notifications about them must happen on the internet.
Reg CF crowdfunding investment offerings are true “crowdfunding”, in the sense that anyone can invest in them, and all of the advertising and notifications about them must happen on the internet. The Reg CF investment minimums can be quite small (sometimes $50 or less), and their intent under Title III of the 2012 JOBS Act was clearly to “democratize” raising capital, especially for small businesses. In March 2021, the maximum amount that can be raised by a company under Title III was raised to $5M (it was previously $1.07M), and it’s possible to do a “parallel” funding using Title II, which has no maximum.
Crowdfunded investing with Reg CF investments offers everyone the same kind of influence once reserved for the wealthy, helping pick which companies get funding to launch new products or grow their business. If you’re looking for somewhere to start, check out 5 of the Best Equity Crowdfunding Sites for Beginning Investors and The One Underrated Skill Every Crowdfunding Investor Should Practice from our blog.
Anyone can invest up to $2,000 per year in Reg CF offerings, with higher maximums scaling up with income.
More on Reg CF
You can find more information on the various types of offerings over at our blog, or search our database of 162 online crowdfunding, real estate, and alternative investment platforms.
Platforms in our database offering Reg CF investments
- Crowdfund Mainstreet (Invest in small businesses and startups)
- Fundify (Reg CF platform for investing in startups)
- GrowthFountain (Equity and revenue-share investments in startups and small businesses )
- Honeycomb Credit (Fixed-income investments in small business loans)
- Localstake (Offers Reg CF, Reg D, and Intrastate crowdfunding investments in small and local businesses )
- MainVest (Debt investments in small, local businesses )
- MicroVentures (Wide breadth of choices for early- and late-stage startup investing, including Reg CF investments open to anyone. )
- Netcapital (Reg CF platform offering startup investments for as low as $99.)
- NextSeed (Invest in local businesses like bars, restaurants, and spas. Acquired by Republic in 2020.)
- Republic (Invest in early-stage startups, real estate, video games, real estate and more)
- SeedInvest (Wide selection of highly vetted startup investments, plus low-cost auto-invest feature. )
- Silicon Prairie (Minnestota-based Reg CF investment portal that also offers investment banking services)
- Small Change (Real Estate investments focused on urban, walkable transit-oriented projects )
- SMBX (Marketplace for issuing and buying small business bonds)
- StartEngine (Reg CF and Reg A+ investments in a wide range of early-stage startups )
- Title3Funds (Reg CF funding portal for investing in startups, growth-stage companies)
- Venture.co (Broker-dealer with diverse selection of startups and real estate, some open to non-accredited investors )
- Vicinity (Reg CF real estate platform that allows you to invest into local community businesses.)
- Wefunder (Largest Reg CF investment platform, offers investments in dozens of startups with minimums as low as $100. )
Blog posts about Reg CF
- Retiring Crowdfilings.com (and where to go instead for researching Reg CF issuers)
- What the SeedInvest Acquisition Says about the Future of the Equity Crowdfunding Industry
- How Crowdfunding Companies Trade Transparency for Access to Capital (And Why That’s a Good Thing)
- Reg CF Filings Data Part 2: The Precarious Nature of Startups Up Close
- Reg CF Fundraising to Date in 5 Charts
- Republic CEO Ken Nguyen On Reg CF Crowdfunding and How Investments Are Like A Vote In Society
- 5 of the Best Equity Crowdfunding Sites for Beginning Investors
- Decoding the Alphabet Soup of Crowdfunding Regulations
- 3 Ways to Start Investing Like a Millionaire using $1,000 or Less in 2017
Want to learn more but aren’t sure where to start? You can explore 162 crowdfunding investment platforms in our database and learn more about the nuts and bolts of crowdfunding and alternative investing on our blog. Did you know you can use a self-directed retirement account to invest in many alternative investments? Rocket Dollar makes it easy, and when you sign up using that link you'll be helping to support YieldTalk.